Tuesday, October 11, 2011

EASY LAMB AND SPICES




Bonjour! This will be my first post for my new blog. A collection of my recipes that I would like to share with you. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and make a recipes with my own.

Today we gonna spice up the  Lamb leg meat with lots of spices, herbs and mandarin orange. Lamb meat is easy to tenderize and it has strong taste than beef which I like. I marinated the lamb from last night to intensify to flavor of the meat.


Ingredients

300 grams Lamb meat, cut into small cube

For Marinade
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp five spice
6 pcs star anise
1 stick cinnamon
2 bay leaf

1 can mandarin segment
1/2 tbsp plum sauce or apple sauce
a dash of nutmeg powder and dried oregano
1 spoon of chopped fresh mint
freshly ground pepper and salt


Procedure

Blend all together the ingredients for marinade into container. Add the meat then stir until incorporated. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.

Heat the sauce pan over medium flame. Pour-in the marinated lamb together with the sauce.

Pour-in the syrup of mandarin then cover and cook for about 8 minutes.

Add the plum sauce or apple sauce and the mandarin segment. Add the nutmeg powder and dried oregano. Cover and simmer for about 7 minutes.

Add the fresh mint then ground pepper and salt to taste.

Serve with rice and veggies.


Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment